Friday, October 23, 2009

Why I Love/Hate Alexa Chung

In case you live under a very unfashionable rock, you've probably heard the name or seen the face of 25-year-old model Alexa Chung. She's the new half-Chinese Agyness Deyn, basically. Dresses a bit kooky, screws stinky musicians, makes awkward faces and pretends to be totes fer-real even though she's been raking in mega-cash for 10 years (for the hard job of hitting the genetic and societal aesthetic jackpot) and doing classic Stephanie Seymour shit like living with grossly senior photographer boyfriends.

If it sounds like I resent her, of course I do. I find loaded people who purposely dress high-low to be oh-so "Common People." But at the same time a strong sense of closet envy - a little bit of "that's how I would dress if I stole your wallet" - endears her to me. I covet her expensive shoes and sold-out Topshop exclusives, and even more so, her access to them. I check the MTV Buzzworthy blog for "What Was Alexa Wearing Today?" updates on a weekly basis. No, I can't bear to watch the show she hosts (I dare you to sit for 5 minutes and not want to be shot in the ears) but still, I obsess. Feel free to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...